Mission Statement and Objectives
With memorable phrases:
“Our goal: Quality in Cancer Control”;
“Each one: Teach thirty”;
Cancer Aid Society, a National, Social, Secular, NGO stands committed for Cancer Control Globally since 1987; the second leading cause of death World Wide.
“Prevention is better than cure”, with this dictum dictate and its successful implementation this Society has the distinction of obtaining ISO 9001: 2000 Certification in the Social Sector.
We are working in tune with the guidelines of National Cancer Control Programme of World Health Organisation by generating awareness amongst children and adults in the Regional Languages throughout the Country.
Emphasizing on tobacco abuse (active and passive smoking), carcinogens, good dietary habits, exercise, healthy lifestyle, genital and personal hygiene together with early symptoms of Cancer, we aim at decreasing the Mortality by targeting 2/3rd of all Cancers through Primary Prevention and Early Detection.
We are also committed towards reducing the Morbidity in remaining 1/3rd by improving their quality of life through Palliative Care.
- Prevention of Cancer.
- Propagating our message at National and International level.
- Health Education.
- Reducing the Morbidity (sufferings) in Cancer.
- Reducing the Mortality (deaths) by promoting early detection and treatment.
- Improve quality of life of patients & family.
- Financial assistance for palliative care/ treatment/ welfare/ rehabilitation of Cancer Patients.
- Financial Assistance to other agencies engaged in meeting our objectives.
- Awareness related research.
- Other Aspects of Cancer/ patients.