Alarming Facts – Cancer
- Second leading cause of death World Wide.
- Accounts for almost 12% of all deaths.
- Likely increase up to 500% by 2025.
- 40% of Cancer related deaths are due to tobacco alone.
- Around 80% of the patients inflicted with Cancer reach the doctors in advanced stages when treatment is not possible.
- In females 1/3 of all Cancers are that of Cervix and another 1/3 of breast.
- Cancer is curable only in initial (Primary) stages.
- In terminal stages treatment is highly ineffective, entails upon life of the patients & financial breakdown of the family, palliative care is needed for them.