We all know prevention is better than cure but still nothing has been done to make it a reality. Prevention can improve the general health of the masses and reduce the burden on the health budget of the Govt. It is needless to mention its impact on decreased loss of precious human lives.
Integrated efforts to reduce the incidence of cancer along with other non communicable diseases like cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory etc. by generating awareness on cancer causing factors, healthy living habits, good dietary habits are on the agenda of the Cancer Aid Society.
- Daily intake of green leafy, dark colored vegetables & fruits, mushroom etc.
- Guava, Banana, Papaya, Mango, Amla, Melons, Citrus Fruits, Berries.
- Tomato, Carrot, Beet Root, Spinach, Broccoli, Cabbage, Cruciferous.
- Mustard, Garlic, Onion, Ginger, Spices, Dry Fruits, Vegetable Oils with Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids etc. Variety of whole grain/ fibrous food, legumes, sprouts, soya products, etc. Eat slowly and chew your food well.
- Plenty of clean water. Fatless Milk/ Dairy Products. Some Green/ Black Tea.
- Soak and wash thoroughly all vegetables and fruits to eliminate pesticides.
- Exercise daily. Maintain good personal and genital hygiene.
- Regular checkups if family history of breast / thyroid cancer.
- AP Smear Test after menopause. Vaccination against Hepatitis B.
- Do consult your doctor if you suspect anything abnormal in your body.
- Avoid tobacco in any form as it is common cause of three leading diseases Worldwide: Cardiovascular, Cancer & Pulmonary diseases.
- Tobacco, gutka, pan masala. Smoking of bidis, cigarettes, cigars, hukka.
- Alcohol, drugs, carcinogens. Intake of very hot / very cold items.
- Excess of Fat (fried food, red meat) Sugar & Salts.
- Artificially colored and preserved edibles.
- Edibles in colored recycled polythene.
- Food contaminated with pesticides or diseased plants (Aflatoxins) / animals by fungus bacteria and viruses.
- Over exposure to high intensity Sunlight, pollution, pesticides, radiations, chemicals like Asbestos, Aniline dyes, Benzene, Coal Tar, Radium etc.
- Constant irritation of cheek by teeth, pointed object in mouth, ear, nose.